EFFECTIVE MAY 25, 2018
PHILIO, INC is an information technology service provider. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, we provide web hosting solutions including dedicated servers and virtual private servers to our customers (“Services”). PHILIO, INC is a reseller of a company with data center locations in Lansing, MI, Phoenix, AZ, and Amsterdam, NL.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Customers– individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use PHILIO, INC Services with the creation or administration of a PHILIO, INC account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to PHILIO, INC when they register for PHILIO, INC webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other PHILIO, INC events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PHILIO, INC asks for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor), and website domain. By voluntarily providing PHILIO, INC with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
PHILIO, INC may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, PHILIO, INC asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
PHILIO, INC uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with PHILIO, INC for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of PHILIO, INC’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and PHILIO, INC.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
PHILIO, INC shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising– Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions– To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data– We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations– To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. PHILIO, INC may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety– We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of PHILIO, INC in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent– PHILIO, INC may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from PHILIO, INC at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As outlined in the Section, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your PHILIO, INC account or contacting us at email@example.com.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For individuals in the EEA, PHILIO, INC’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. PHILIO, INC will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for PHILIO, INC to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, PHILIO, INC will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
PHILIO, INC is a US company and stores your information in Liquid Web’s data centers in the United States or, in limited cases, in the Netherlands. PHILIO, INC may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you live. Whenever PHILIO, INC transfers personal information originating from the EEA or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, it will do so on the basis of the Privacy Shield Frameworks or EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within thirty (30) days. PHILIO, INC will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
PHILIO, INC, LLC Privacy Matters
c/o PHILIO, INC
Attn: Director of Security
1661 International Drive Suite 300
Memphis, TN 38120
Email – email@example.com